The 2020 WEBfirst Conference has been CANCELLED.
As before, WebFirst is presented by the University of Arkansas and is free and open to the public. The program this year will be a half-day, in the morning, with half of the eight topics specifically on U of A topics and the rest about higher education in general. A new feature in this year’s program is that registrants will have access to webinars, recorded pre-conference online presentations.
Registration opens in June.
Virtual Conference Topics
University of Arkansas Themed Sessions
- Marketing and Brand – use of apps contracted by the university, including ResourceSpace (management of assets such as images) and Font Awesome (web icons) and more
- Services Overview – learn about all the helpful services on campus including Cherwell support management and LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- OU Campus – what’s new, quick tips and common mishaps on the platform used in academic websites
- WordPress – find out about recent changes in themes and block editing on the platform
Higher Education Themed Sessions
- Defining your audience – identifying your audience and how to tailor marketing to different audience types
- Comparing cloud-based storage apps – when to use Box, Microsoft and Sharepoint/Teams
- User testing – creating a remote card-sort study
- Easy Video Tips and Tricks – discussing cell phone video tips, effective video testimonials and video equipment
Pre-conference Mini Presentations
- Social Media
- Photoshop basics
- Site Audits, Analytics
- OU Campus features, especially Component macros